Wrap Around Childcare (WAC)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Whilst we await further information regarding Wrap Around Childcare please feel free to pop any questions in here and we will feed into the WAC Team 

Parents
  • I had a disabled child and am in the process of registering as a childminder. Can I hire an assistant to help him cope with having extra children at home? Someone who will be there solely for him. Fletcher has low functioning autism and is non verbal. 
    If not, will the MOD pay for a one to one to enable him to attend WAC. We are in Newport South Wales, my husband is in the Royal Navy based in Yeovilton. 
    thanks, 

Annie 

• I had a disabled child and am in the process of registering as a childminder. Can I hire an assistant to help him cope with having extra children at home? Someone who will be there solely for him. Fletcher has low functioning autism and is non verbal. 
    If not, will the MOD pay for a one to one to enable him to attend WAC. We are in Newport South Wales, my husband is in the Royal Navy based in Yeovilton. 
    thanks, 

Annie 

Children
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous over 1 year ago in reply to Anonymous

Hi Annie, Thanks for using the discussion area to raise your question. If you email our Information Office address [email protected] one of the team will be able to assist in providing information and guidance on what support is available. The team will be back in office on Monday when they will pick up on this. Kind regards, Jim RN FPS Duty Moderator

• Anonymous

Hi  I have push your question to the WAC Team and will add the response to this chat once received.

• Anonymous

Good afternoon Annie.

A reply has come from the WAC Team which doesn't really cover your exact wording in your question above.

They have said the following:

"Full details of what can be claimed for children with disabilities can be found at Section 17 of the DIN. This also lists the proof required to be able to claim a higher allowance.  Section 18 lists eligibility requirements for Providers.  SP should be made aware the DIN and read and understand all eligibility criteria"

Section 17 / 18 do not mention about hired help affecting any WAC application.

Copied below in full:

Section 17 - Disabled Children.

Children in receipt of Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Armed Forces Independence Payment, Child Disability Payment (Scotland only) or Adult Disability Payment (Scotland only), or if they are certified as blind or severely sight-impaired, will be eligible for a higher maximum allowance. For these children the starting age remains 4 but the child retains eligibility until their 17th birthday. To qualify for the higher allowance disabled children in receipt of these allowances must be registered as disabled during the registration process, and supporting evidence must be provided.

Section 18 - Eligible Providers.

As well as the eligibility criteria for parent(s) and children HMRC stipulates that the childcare provider must be Ofsted (or equivalent) registered and that payment is made through the TFC account to the provider12. This will ensure that a provider is regulated and will help to minimise the use of unregistered and unregulated childcare provision. Service personnel must also record their provider(s) during the registration process.

The DIN being referred to is 2022DIN01-079. This can only be accessed through MOD Networks.

I'm sorry it is not the answer you are requiring. Contacting them direct may prompt a better worded response. The email address is: [email protected]

Regards

Colin - Duty RN FPS Moderator